Speech Pathologists

In Australia, a Speech Pathologist is a degree qualified Allied Health professional. They need a university degree and specialise in the assessment and treatment of communication and/or swallowing difficulties.

Some Speech Pathologists are registered with the NDIS, some are not.

To work in Australia, most employers, insurance schemes and funding bodies require speech pathologists to be a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP) which requires membership of Speech Pathology Australia, or to be eligible for membership of Speech Pathology Australia.

A Speech Pathologist is usually paid from your CB Daily Living Budget. In some cases a Speech Pathologist may be paid from your core budget if they are assisting you with a health related disability support. This has specific criteria attached, please check with your Support Coordinator, Plan Manager or Speech Pathologist for further information.

Showing all 7 results