Hi, my name is Jim Parkinson and I’m a qualified Social Worker with over twenty years’ experience working in mental health, Drug & Alcohol and vocational rehabilitation. I’m a father of two children aged 13 & 14 years old. My 13 year old boy has special needs and is diagnosed with level 3 (severe) Autism, ADHD, anxiety and OCD. This has given me firsthand experience dealing with the complexities and challenges of the NDIS system and has substantially assisted me in my professional practice to work with adults and families going through the system.
I’m branching out into private practice as I feel I have developed the skills and knowledge over the years to assist people in the New England area. I have been working in Armidale and the surrounding New England area for 20 years and have developed extensive local knowledge and networks in the area. I am a qualified Victims of Crime Counsellor and currently in the process of obtaining my AASW Mental health accreditation through my professional body.
I specialise in providing the following services:
- Victims of Crime Counselling
- Trauma Counselling
- Grief & Loss Counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Career Planning
- Psychosocial Assessments
- Mental health assessments
- Behaviour Support
- Drug & Alcohol counselling
- Conflict Resolution and mediation
- Vocational Counselling
- Mental health assessment (Accredited) of Aboriginal clients and Suicide prevention
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Adjustment to Disability Counselling
- Extensive experience working with clients who have been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, Personality disorders, Schizophrenia, and Bipolar.
- Narrative Therapy.
- Extensive experience working with complex psychosocial problems.
- Extensive knowledge of the NDIS
I provide an evidence-based approach to working with clients. I see my role as one of working with a client to achieve their goals.
I welcome all referrals and inquiries. Please do not hesitate to call me on 0468 338 503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org