Are you a professional or amateur photographer with an enthusiasm for sharing your interest with others? Are you great at photo editing and working out opportunities to take the perfect shot? Do you have experience in promoting your work, including using instagram and other social media?
The IndividualiTree is looking for a Support Worker to assist an emerging photographer to improve their photography skills and potentially set themselves up a small business. Experience working with disabled people is not a requirement, however you will need to be respectful, open minded, creative, enthusiastic and respect that the person you support is your employer. The person has a supportive and involved family and the role will be ongoing for the right applicant.
The role is 4 hours per week, preferably on a Friday – however can also include day photography trips. We are particularly interested in speaking with someone who already has an ABN, however people who would prefer to be directly employed are also encouraged to apply. This is a *female identified position, as per Australian law. The position is based in Armidale.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the form through the apply now button. Suitable applicants at this stage will be contacted for interview.
The Tree is looking for an extra Support Coordinator to join our amazing team. The role is one in a growing group of experienced Support Coordinators and offers great flexibility, excellent pay, lots of opportunity for professional development, competent supervision and; lovely people to work with.
The ideal applicant has a strong sense of social justice, understands the social model of disability and works from a rights based framework. What does that all mean? That the person we are seeking will stick up for the people we work for and will respect that they are in charge. A relevant qualification will be a benefit, as will experience working in the social services sector or similar people orientated work. Lived experience of disability is a distinct advantage.
For this role you will need to be organised, be comfortable with technology, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds. The work can be highly varied and change management is an important part of the role. No two situations are the same and demonstrated ability to learn new things and creatively approach difficult tasks will be well regarded.
Sound like you? Fill out the application form by clicking the link below.
Looking for mature, experienced support workers who will be able to help step into “mum’s shoes” and assist a young school aged child and their family. Experience with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Anxiety, and Sensory ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) traits would be preferred but not essential. You will need great communication skills and be able to work well with parents.
The successful applicants must be available for shifts before and after school, school holidays and on weekends.
- have a driver’s licence
- be someone who is patient, calm, compassionate and down to earth
- be someone who is reliable
- be someone who enjoys spending time with children, including outdoor activities, games, interacting with animals and having fun
- be able to provide positive interactions and support, delivering consistent messages and boundaries
- have the ability to work with allied health professionals and implement their
- be able to encourage and support social skills development
- be able to support the normal working of the household, helping around the house including cleaning/cooking when needed
- someone who doesn’t mind busy family environments
- be someone who is responsible – both in their care of children and in social distancing requirements with current co-vid restrictions.
- be prepared to travel to and from an out of town property
Must have (before commencement of employment)
- Working with Children’s Check
- Police check
- Public Liability Insurance
- All NDIS requirements for Support Workers (support will be given for this)
Please email a brief introduction and why you would be great for this job with your resume to email@example.com. Alternatively you can click the Apply Now button below to apply online. Interviews and employment arrangements (including roster and pay rates) will be held directly with the family.