Looking for mature, experienced support workers who will be able to help step into “mum’s shoes” and assist a young school aged child and their family. Experience with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Anxiety, and Sensory ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) traits would be preferred but not essential. You will need great communication skills and be able to work well with parents.
The successful applicants must be available for shifts before and after school, school holidays and on weekends.
- have a driver’s licence
- be someone who is patient, calm, compassionate and down to earth
- be someone who is reliable
- be someone who enjoys spending time with children, including outdoor activities, games, interacting with animals and having fun
- be able to provide positive interactions and support, delivering consistent messages and boundaries
- have the ability to work with allied health professionals and implement their
- be able to encourage and support social skills development
- be able to support the normal working of the household, helping around the house including cleaning/cooking when needed
- someone who doesn’t mind busy family environments
- be someone who is responsible – both in their care of children and in social distancing requirements with current co-vid restrictions.
- be prepared to travel to and from an out of town property
Must have (before commencement of employment)
- Working with Children’s Check
- Police check
- Public Liability Insurance
- All NDIS requirements for Support Workers (support will be given for this)
Please email a brief introduction and why you would be great for this job with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can click the Apply Now button below to apply online. Interviews and employment arrangements (including roster and pay rates) will be held directly with the family.