CLOSED: UNE Support Worker

A UNE student who uses the NDIS is looking for workers to support them during time on campus. You may also be required to help this person to attend and feel comfortable at community based activities.

While experience with people with disability is not essential, the right attitude is paramount. You will need to have a calm demeanour, be good at meeting new people, be comfortable in new social settings and be able to fit in with this person on campus.

The person is ideally looking for 2 workers who can share the work required. This role obviously suits students also studying at UNE, but you would need the flexibility to attend lectures and tutorials at specific times.

The NDIS allows people with disability to find specific workers that meet their needs in a way not possible before. This role is contract based and you will need an ABN and insurance. The upside is you will have a much higher rate of pay than is possible as an employee. You can be helped to get this all in place through an organisation that also assists this person. You will also be part of a group of workers who work with the NDIS in a similar way.

Your work arrangement will be directly with the person and their family and you will need to be able to work respectfully with them at all times.